COMMUNITY UPDATE: FEBRUARY 3RD, 2021
Hi everyone. Antonela here from 505 Games, working on Assetto Corsa Competizione. It’s been a few days since the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC launched on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and now we’ve had chance to analyse the situation, today we want to take this opportunity to update you on what’s going on behind the scenes and give you an insight into our plans going forward.
Let’s get started.
Firstly, we want to apologise to all those who encountered issues after the launch of the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC on console last week. Soon after the DLC dropped, it became apparent that there were problems, particularly around multiplayer. The development team behind the console edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione are working flat our behind the scenes to resolve the major issues reported by our community. Of course, this doesn’t happen at the press of a button, but we’re committed to resolving these issues so you can head back out on track as soon as possible. Right now, the biggest priority for the team is to resolve the problems surrounding multiplayer. We’re also looking to tackle additional bugs that may affect gameplay and later down the line, we’ll be reworking the Spectator mode to improve its stability.
We believe in full transparency, which is why we want to give you a full rundown of the issues we’re addressing, as a priority:
• Solve a bug where the rolling start never starts and the user is stuck with the controls locked during the race session
• Solving a bug where wheels not visible at distance during multiplayer
• Solving a bug where opponent cars during multiplayer are consistently displayed as stationary to other users
• Fixing a bug where the user falls out of world when trying to collide with an object in a multiplayer session
• Making the Imola circuit accessible to multiplayer races
• Solve a bug where game crashes upon Completing 2nd Test Race in Career Mode
• Solve some sporadic random crashes when transitioning between main menu and sessions
• Solve a bug where title crashes after selecting the Ferrari Evo and changing game modes quickly after
• Solving a bug which makes no SFX audible when driving in the GT4 Mercedes
• fixing a bug where Championship Custom race lengths are not applied in ICGT Custom championship races
• Activating some race settings which were missing in Custom Championship session
We are also looking to include additional tweaks and minor bug fixes along the way. As always, your feedback is invaluable to us, so if you come across any issues, please report them here and our console team will investigate.
Please remember to be respectful in your feedback to us. We understand your frustrations, as gamers ourselves! It should go without saying; any trolling/harassment/insults aimed at our staff, partners and other players our will not be tolerated. Please respect one another, always! That aside, we want to take this opportunity to thank all those sim racers that have stuck with us on this journey and continue to support and encourage us. We are immensely grateful to have such a passionate community on board and hope! Looking ahead, we are excited to be bringing the British GT Pack DLC to console at a later date. More on that soon!
In the meantime, we’ll keep on pushing behind the scenes and update you all when we have more info on fixes!
Take care and see you trackside.
Antonela – Director of Global Community @ 505 Games